Mangia at Grand Indonesia

I heard about Mangia long months ago since they opened their first store at Panglima Polim. Since I live far away from PangPol, (well yeah the other reason is I have no company haha) I don’t even have a chance to visit them and try what people most talked about, the Swedish House Meatballs. Being curious of what Mangia served as well as their lovely interior, I was blessed when last week I visited Grand Indonesia and saw they second store opened in West Mall, yay!





It was still a soft opening, so there’s not much on the menu, but thanks God the Swedish House Meatballs was in the house! I sat together with my fellow food blogger after an ice cream party. My friends felt so full, so did I,  but I just cant resist the temptation of Swedish House Meatballs and decided to give it a try. While waiting for the food to come, I took a photo as usual. The interior is vintage yet quirky, romantic, and homey. I love their colorful and flowery deer head on the wall. They also painted all the furniture with eye-catchy, candy color but keep the customer’s eye soft with the warm light inside. Several artificial trees put in the corner made the resturant feel so green and shady.



Well, enough about the interior, now give the applause for the Swedish House Meatballs (59K)! Surprisingly it quite a big portion with big plate, generous meatballs, heavy mashed potato and gravy sauce. This Swedish House Meatballs actually brought the original Swedish serving with a strawberry jam as the bomb. You should eat together the meatballs, mashed potato, gravy sauce and the strawberry jam to get the Swedish temptation. When I combined it all, I felt at first awkward, but when it came into my throat, God, this is heaven! The tasty and juicy meatballs perfectly combined with the savoury of gravy sauce and and the sweet of the jam, it was a perfect mix for me! Everything just being addictive for me, I even couldn’t stop even for a while to chew the meatballs hahahaha!



Instead of the meatballs, they also have snacks like this Perkedel Mayo (29K) which appeared like a corn fritters, an Indonesian snacks hihi. I love how crunchy they were. The other surprise was the sauce, it was like a combination of mayo and peanut sauce. Very tasty!


For the drinks, they have several line like this Almond Ginger Iced Tea (25K) and Detox Special (29K) which become their customer’s favorite. The Almond Ginger Tea was super refreshing with a sweet almond flavour and a lil bit ginger sensation inside. While the Detox Special is a green smoothie consist of cucumber and celery, CMIIW,  and the taste for me was good, I even taste the awkward celery flavour inside, but my foodie friend who had tried this before, said that this one was sweeter than before.


Anyway, I got a super great early dinner that day. Very appreciate with Mangia’S friendly service. The waiters answered any of our questions patiently and even asked how the food taste for me was. Although the food was a bit pricey but it speaks for the taste, quality does not come cheap. Will visit Mangia soon when they’re already adds the full menu!




Mangia
Grand Indonesia Shopping Town
West Mall Level 5
Jl. MH. Thamrin
Jakarta Pusat
Tel. 021- 72799674
Twitter & Instagram @mangia_jakarta

Price Range:
Food IDR29,000 - 59,000
Beverages IDR22,000 - 29,000

2 comments

  1. Looks like an interesting place. Greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai Linda, thanks for visiting my blog..wish this useful for you when visiting Indonesia hihihi...

      Delete