Waha Kitchen at Kosenda Hotel

Last night I went to another new hippest restaurant in Jakarta, Waha Kitchen at Kosenda Hotel. I heard many people talk about Kosenda Hotel recently since the hotel also has The Awan Lounge, one of new hippest rooftop bar in Jakarta. I visit The Awan Longe weeks ago and interested in visiting Waha Kitchen located at the lobby of this hotel.


I really love how Waha Kitchen decorates their interior with vintage and rustic furniture which makes the ambience feels so homey. They also have several bookshelves with various and colourful books and magazine. What make them homier is, they have a corner side occupied with cozy big sofa, carpet, and round table and bookshelf which make me want to lie on the sofa while reading the book, as if I’m home hahaha!



Waha Kitchen provides us with Peranakan Cuisine, a combination between South East Asian cuisine with precision and plated by notable Melbourne and Sydney restauranteur of 25-years.  So you will see line of Asian cuisine, such as Chicken Curry Laksa, Mee Hon Goreng to Ayam Sereh and some Melbourne brekkie line such as egg benedict, egg frittata, egg and toast, etc.



I visited this resto in a full tummy, so my friends and I only order drinks and desserts. Oyeah, they also have various desserts which mostly traditional snacks infused modern serving.

I ordered Lychee Ice Tea (35K), you know how does it taste like so I guess I shouldn’t describe it ;-) The best thing is only it came in a very tall glass.


Banana Mousse Pie – 42K

Mashed banana wrapped with puff pastry and served with fresh mango puree and coconut milk and fried sweet potato. I love how crunchy the puff pastry was and the mango puree was refreshing. Simply love it!


Bo Bo Cha Cha – 42K

I laughed reading the menu name, don’t have any idea why they named such a dessert with unique name but the dessert doesn’t even unique. It was like ‘kolak’ for me. It contains mixed sweet potatoes, white and red, sago, slices of strawberry and coconut milk. It better served cold than hot.


Overall, I love to spend my time here. I could have long conversation with my best friend as if I’m home. My verdict is only on their price and portion which is overpriced for the dessert served in small portion. Well, it might because they are incorporated in a hotel, so high cost does occur for you who not have a room in here. 

Will I back here? Of course, I will! I had my eyes on their main course, mmmm the other reason is I think I found my second home hihihi…

Til the next post, gotta find another home

Ciao!




Waha Kitchen
Kosenda Hotel 
Jl. Wahid Hasyim No. 127
Jakarta Pusat 10240
www.wahakitchen.com
twitter & instagram @Kosenda Hotel 

Price Range:
Melbourne Breakfast IDR15,000 - IDR95,000
Main Course IDR45,000 - IDR110,000
Desserts IDR42,000 - IDR65,000
Beverages IDR29,000 - 59,000

Free Wi-Fi : Yes
Smoking area : Yes
Alcoholic Drinks: Yes
Reservation: you better reserve since it always packed in weekend

4 comments

  1. Chaaa, mana review makanannya...? Aku penasaran sama tempat ini, soalnya kan bnyk juga yg post WAHA Kitchen ini, tp rupanya mahal2 ya harganya.. >.<

    Salam foodies,
    myfunfoodiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe iya nih kapan ya balik kesini lagi...kemarin ga coba makanan utama ci..cuma duduk2 cantik sambil nyemil aja...emang mahal sih sekitar 70an per porsi makanannya kayanya ga gede juga porsinya, namanya juga resto di hotel

      Delete
  2. kayanya bagus juga yah buat Lokasi Prewedd.
    haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe iya sepertinya sih bagus untuk yg bergaya vintage cuma tempatnya kecil bgt sih...thanks for blogwalking anyway!

      Delete