The Strudels Factory House & Cafe

I’m not gonna talk about the other hippest place in Bandung, I just wanna share how I filled my empty belly with All You Can Eat menu from one of well-known café in Progo. It might be the hippest street in Bandung since it covers several best hang-out places such as Hummingbird, Rocca & Co., Tokyo Connection, Hartwood, Giggle Box, the oldest Kopi Progo, The Strudels Factory House & Cafe, etc. I chose the latter since I’ve already bought the All You Can Eat (AYCE) voucher. The Strudels Factory House & Cafe which is located right across Hummingbird this month offered an AYCE offer for only IDR75,000. I decided to buy this voucher since I curious about this Austrian cake which is modified with Indonesian taste.


It has a small area when I stepped on its courtyard. I thought it’s a small cake shop, but when I entered they have a spacious indoor and outdoor area with warm lighting and urban vintage interior. In the front area, there are three area with cozy long black sofa and each partitioned with a thin curtain, make each room feel private and so romantic for couple hehe. In the backyard, there are also spacey area with long sofa and small garden. I choose the front area since it seems private for me and my boyfriend haha.


I simply didn’t expect anything from the AYCE menu, since they have certain menu to choose in the AYCE package, so I ordered what I feel the best for me. First is appetizer, Broccoli Soup. The soup was served hot with long thin strudels on the top of the cup. It’s savory and rich of broccoli. Nothing special from this soup.


At least, the Green Tea Thai Ice Tea which is so refreshing, neutralize my tummy with its sweetness.


Next, I chose Mushroom & Cheese Strudels. When it came to my table, it was look like a stack of nugget burger. On the top, it’s a burger-look-a-like strudel followed by stack of nuggets covered with a super melted mozzarella cheese and the other strudel in the bottom then crunchy fries. I wonder where the mushroom is since the title of this menu is Mushroom & Cheese, and I found the hint when I bite the nugget, voila, the mushroom was inside the nugget! Everything was okay for me. The nugget and fries was fried well and the melted mozzarella cheese never gone wrong for this kind of food.


Then, on a half-full belly, I push myself to eat the Grilled Chicken Strudels. The grilled chicken was so juicy and tender. It better with mushroom and melted mozzarella cheese on the top of it.


Then, this is the signature and most favorite dessert, Apple Strudels. It came i a big portion, a super high stack of strudels. The strudels itself was so puffy and soft filled with cream and apple slices and condensed milk as the sauce. Overall, this apple strudels is good, sweet enough and I love the crunchy texture of its strudels.


Anyway, I was so full with those strudels, the AYCE package was satisfy enough even though I just taste some of the menus. I didn't know how full my belly are if I keep order all of them hahaha...Moreover, I really enjoy the ambiance here til I feel it's enough to eat and better to stay relax in the sofa til my hubby decided to buy such curtain hahaha...

One conclusion, after munching some sweet and salty strudels, I think strudels is better served sweet than salty as in main course. It's my tastebuds, how about you, eaters? Share your story and tell me which's best for you.

The Strudels Factory House & Cafe
Jl. Progo No. 13
Riau, Bandung
022-4241075


No comments