Morning AYCE at Dragon Court

On my last weekend in Jakarta, I spent my Saturday morning with several food reviewer from Openrice.com in a gathering at Dragon Court Chinese Restaurant of the Media Hotel & Towers Jakarta. Dragon Court is a Chinese restaurant located at 4th floor of the Media Hotel & Towers, formerly Sheraton Media, and  served the guest with variant of Chinese cuisine.


In this occasion, I sampled their signature dim sum which also come into their All You Can Eat package of only IDR69.500 nett. You can enjoy this affordable price by munching several types of dim sum and also the buffet. However, don't put too much expectation on the buffet. When you have to pay less, you will also get less, right. The buffet only offer you several light food to company your breakfast, brunch, or lunch, such as fried rice, soup, and porridge.


I sampled their signature dim sum which came in many types, such as lo mai kai covered with lotus leaves, ha kau, siomay, pangsit beijing, kaki ayam bumbu lada, spring rolls, bakpau isi, lumpia kulit tahu saus tiram, etc. All those dim sum are made by request. This resto believe that serving a fresh food will make their customer more satisfy. So, they will make the dim sum as soon as you make the order.

 
There's nothing so special from the dim sum. At least I found that dim sum in a hotel better than dim sum in a hawker stall. They came in a good filling, soft skin, and all variant have its own unique taste. I love its Ha Kau, I always feel nausea in eating a shrimp, but Dragon Court make it fresh and I just feel okay in eating that shrimp inside hihihi. The siomay, lumpia, and pangsit beijing also went well on my stomach.


I sampled their fried rice. It's just a butter fried rice with meatball. It's light, not so spicy just butter covering my mouth. A simple dish for breakfast. Hmmm...maybe I was not into their bakpau, especially their bakpau filled with corn. Why they should made the corn like a paste? I mean I didn't know how it is made, but I think they blended the corn with maizena flour and it's not a 'corn' popping on my mind. It's a corn paste and moreover it's too sweet. Ah the bakpau dough was also not fully baked. It left an awkward after taste on my tongue, I felt like munching a raw flour.


Dragon Court open daily from 08.00 AM to 02.00 PM. For Muslim, don't worry all food here is halal. They serve food contain a pork only by request. Thanks @openrice and the Media Hotel & Towers for the invitation.

Dragon Court
4th Floor, The Media Hotel & Towers
Jl. Gunung Sahari 3
Jakarta 10720
(021) 626 3001 ext. 4885
info@themediahotel.com

3 comments

  1. hey there pretty!
    inget gw ga yg di dragon court juga..
    it's my very first time visiting your blog.. spent quite a long time looking your posts :)

    i've put your link up on my blog. check it out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai cen...of course I remember you...thanks for visiting my blog yaaa...

      Delete
  2. Pretty good post. I have just stumbled upon your blog and enjoyed reading your blog posts very much. I am looking for new posts to get more precious info. Big thanks for the useful info. 먹튀검증

    ReplyDelete