Indonesian Twist at Pasta De Waraku

When I read the word 'Indonesian Pasta', the first word popping on my mind was 'rendang' and it's all came true when Pasta de Waraku served that kind of fusion into their new menus. Twas on a super sweaty Thursday lunch time and I had to struggle along the Jakarta's traffic to PIM 2 to attend Pasta Dewaraku's food tasting panel.

Being so sweaty after driving the motorcycle, I was glad that all staffs of Pasta de Waraku, one of Ismaya's best resto, welcoming me with their warm regards and also with a super fresh Ice Green Tea Lychee. When some resto put a super sweet lychee syrup into a drink, Pasta de Waraku adding green tea to neutralize the sweetness, and it became a perfect fusion. I could taste a lil bit bitter in the first sip but a sweet after taste that refreshed my throat. A hint for opening lunch!


Then, as usual as appetizer, Pasta Dewaraku offered their siganture appetizers such as Koro-koro Tofu and Calamary which I'd have tasted it on their previous food tasting. They're always steal my taste bud. 


Next, as I told you about Indonesian pasta, today Pasta Dewaraku launched its Indonesia Feast with a Twist, a unique twist of Japanese dishes with the richness of Indonesian taste. Okay don't wanna make it too long, here's my journey in tasting the fusion of two big countries' taste.

The main lunch opened by Salmon Pizza with Curry Sauce. I was curious where's the Indonesia part in this food since I found the curry is typical India taste like in briyani rice, but it went well on my stomach. The thin pizza, the salmon and the curry is a perfect fusion for opening.


Beef Spaghetti with Rendang Sauce directly steal my heart since I put too much expectation in it. However, the beef and sauce more likely called a 'serundeng' than a 'rendang'. It's not as spicy as rendang. I believe that as Indonesian we all know how does the rendang's richness flavors like. I better put less expectation then.


For the next Grilled Chicken Spaghetti, my taste bud awakened by its juicy grilled chicken on the top. The fusion of chili paste give me the best after taste. It's kinda sweet like honey glaze mixed with chili. While the pasta aglio olio with wafu and rich spicy tomato  sauce was not so special for me since it too much and spicy.


Until the second dish, I still haven't get the perfect fusion of Indonesian taste.  The third dish, Fried Oxtail Spaghetti A la Java, however, more likely close to the typical indonesian food. The spaghetti aglio olio with wafu sauce completed with two types of chili paste: red chili and green chili. It's like we dine in a warung nasi padang with sambal hijau and merah, and the goodness is all paste is really Indonesian. The oxtail also went well for me. It's juicy and tender. The unique one, when I mixed the pasta with the paste, I thought I eat an Indomie goreng pedas ahaha...pardon my so Indonesian bud!


After all the dishes, I finally found what I thought the real fusion of Japanese and Indonesian taste. Welcome the Traditional Fried Rice with Angus Beef, this fried rice served also with quail egg. What makes it so special is the 'terasi' smell and 'ikan asin' in the rice! You know how does it smell like. It's sooo Indonesia and you will find the rich Japanese taste on its juicy angus beef. The teriyaki sauce is perfect, the salty soy sauce and blackpepper give it a super rich taste. I love it!


Finally, we came into desserts, and as you all know Pasta de Waraku's famous dessert is hanito, a Japanese honey toast with various sweet toppings. Me sampled several favorite baby hanitos such as the favorite Candyland, 6 cubes of honey toast topped with vanilla ice cream, lychee, jelly, strawberry, strawberry sauce and cream cheese. I love the cream cheese so much!



Me also sampled Juicy Fruits hanito, Apple Crumble, and Banana Crumble. Most of them all the same, but different toppings. It's best for pampering your sweet-tooth.



Anyway thanks for the warmest greetings @pastadewaraku, Mbak Mila, Mbak Anandya, and Mbak Grace. Can't wait to see you again in other gatherings, maybe on Tokyo Belly or Collette & Lola's opening *ups hahaha....Arigato Gozaimasu!

No comments