Ragusa, the Never Dies Italian Ice Cream

Well, I might be the foodies who late to taste the famous old  Italian ice cream but prior to 'the oh-where-were-you' is posted on my forehead, I decided to visit this place yesterday during long weekend. As you may know, this place is located at Jalan Veteran 1 No. 10 next to Istiqlal Mosque. This place which has been established since 1932 is enclosed by old city building and famous resto and cafe which also become the tourism attraction of Jalan Veteran. When I was entering the cafe, I amazed with the decoration inside, the several black and white photos hanging on the wall, the chairs, and the ice cream machine, Ragusa still retain its ancient style. Seems like I was brought to the colonial era.

Of course, due to the crowd that waiting for a seat, my friend and I couldn't have to think of what we gonna eat except Ragusa's signature ice cream, Spaghetti Ice Cream and Banana Split, and oh also Cassatta Siciliana.

In a minute, the ice cream served into our table. The Spaghetti Ice Cream (27K) with it's unique spaghetti look a like texture has a perfect fusion of milk and vanilla. Not too strong. Sweet enough. Completed by a very nutty roasted peanuts, dry fruits, and melted chocolate. 


The Banana Split (22k) has a typical banana split fusion with strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate ice cream covered the banana. The difference is the ice cream was a home-made that I never taste such good fusion of ice cream like Ragusa's before.


Meanwhile, the Cassatta Siciliana (12K) made my tongue dancing along. It's a wonderful fusion of mochi flavor, strawberry, and vanilla. And I just love the mochi flavor. Very nutty and aahh it's like eating a mochi! Delicioso!


Will back someday for their another homemade ice cream, but maybe not in a weekend. The crowd made me breathless hahaha....



Ragusa Italian Ice Cream

Jalan Veteran 1 No.10
Jakarta Pusat

7 comments

  1. Wah, at least you have tried this legendary ice cream stall! I still haven't until today *sobs

    The photos surely look very very tempting!!! >,<

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite old style ice cream :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite is the Rujak Juhi :) the vendor cart is in front of Ragusa. And oh, the otak-otak is also yummy :9

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rujak juhinya!! yummy!!

    please visit and follow my blog :)

    http://beforewehungry.blogspot.com

    Thank u,
    vebbi

    ReplyDelete
  5. 7 years living in Jakarta and never went there once
    Maybe someday :P

    Btw...thanks for visiting our blog http://jejakrasa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suka banget spaghety ice creamnya. Serasa minum susu segalon, ahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks buy great world city food

    ReplyDelete