Al Tahrir Restaurant


I found this restaurant every time I go to swim at Gelanggang Mahasiswa Soemantri Brojonegoro Kuningan. Al Tahrir  is the name of this Middle East/Egyptian restaurant. I expected will get a truly Middle East or Egyptian cuisine when having dinner here. Unfortunately, whether the taste of the food is average or I have no Middle East tongue, I didn't think that the food I tasted was good enough...

I tried Kabsah Rice (58K) with Lamb since I confused with Arabica names of the foods offered hahaha....Kabsah rice is simply traditional yet national dish of Saudi Arabia made from long-grain basmati which is also used in cooking Biryani rice, a well-known dish from India. Kabsah here were served with a well-done lamb in a huge portion (if you a woman, I dare to eat this alone, unless you won't give up in the middle haha). The rice is not so tasty. I didn't taste the spices that actually added in which, I expected that, at least, I tried some kind of such spices in Biryani. Here it was tasteless. Sweet sensation only comes from the additional raisins on the top of the rice. However, I love the lamb so much. It almost soft, tender, savory and great in every slice. 

Besides the foods, you can also enjoy Shisha to complete your chill out time and 24 hours serving that make you feel the ambience of Middle East longer.

Well, for me, sounds I need to explore more Middle East or Egyptian cuisine next chance. Let's explore more!  








Al Tahrir Restaurant

Egyptian and Middle Eastern Restaurant Jakarta
Pasar Festival Blok LG 02A
Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said Kav C-22
Jakarta 12920

Phone number: +62-21 5263 187

No comments