The Baked Goods, A Goodness in a Bake

Having curious with a red velvet cake, I travel myself into another cake shops near Sabang, The Baked Goods. As I stepped in this fancy shop, I'd pampered by many fancy and mouthwatering stuffs. Most of all, I drooled in seeing its appealing cakes. Wuuah, if I had more money, I would buy all the cakes home hahaha ;-)



Also love the appearance of the shop, how they decorate their shop into a small cake shop but a homey place to spend a cozy afternoon. With the humbleness of the owner and the waiter, the Baked Goods which is established three months ago, become a new baby who ready to hit the forerunner cake shops in town. 



Unfortunately, they don't provide a red velvet cake, but they offer the more tempting Carrot Cake. My friend said that the carrot cake here is one of the best carrot cake in town. Couldn't ask for more, I decided to take the Carrot Cake on my plate, and some other delicacies, Crazy Dark Choco and Quiche Smoked Beef, Mushroom, and Beef 

Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting - 19K


The texture of the cake is so soft and chewy enough. I can taste a sweet, sour, savory in one bribe. I've never ate a carrot cake before, so I expected that I can taste a carrot flavor in the cake. Unfortunately, it is not hahaha...the carrot has been fused with the other ingredients, so I only can taste a lil sweet flavor of the cake. I also love the cream cheese frosting on top of the cake. Cheesy. Love this cake! However, I feel a bit nausea because of the bad smell of the cake. The cake smells fishy. Dunno why. 

Crazy Dark Choco - 22K


Sorry to say that I better take other blackforest cake made by my mom. This cake is too much. The chocolate is too strong and sweet. The texture of the cake is soft but tasteless. Enough in the second bribe.

Quiche Smoked Beef, Mushroom, and Beef - 19K


I'm going to love the quiche. Remembering me with my mom's schotel but now in a pie. The smoked beef, mushroom, and beef mixed into a good combination of a pie. Simply love it!

I should consider to back here someday because there are many cakes of which that I wanna try, especially the Lemon Poppyseed Cake. For you who curious about what kind of fancy feelings you'll get after visiting this shop, drop your fingers off first to their website www.thebakedgoods.co.id or twitter @the_baked_goods

And still I've been curious about a red velvet cake. Dunno what other cake shops I will visit after this.

Let's hunting again!

The Baked Goods

Jl. H. Agus Salim No. 16
Menteng, Jakarta Pusat
Telp. 021-31909015
www.thebakedgoods.co.id

7 comments

  1. Ini resto lagi hip banget yah, pengen kesana tapi belum sempet2 huhu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iya gue aja jadi penasaran kesini karena temen2 blogger pada heboh ngomongin cake disini, jadi aja langsung meluncur kesana hehehe...carrot cakenya oke kok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading this review, I'm just wondering, who bribed you to eat cakes at the baked goods?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anonim, hai thanks for blogwalking, wooow of course I'm the one who bribe myself hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello :) eh gue jga berasa carrot cakenya kaya bau2 aneh gimanaaa gt... basah2 gimana gt tengahnya >.<

    ReplyDelete
  6. biasanya carrot cake pake minyak sayur/ minyak goreng supaya moist.

    *ini hasil baca2 resep di internet ya*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh pantesan agak basah dan kayak berminyak ya kue ini...thanks infonya

      Delete