Mr. Curry : Never Ending Goodness of Japanese Curry


Carrying the hallmark of Mango-nyan, Mr. Curry traveling around food enthusiast’s tastebud to introduce its heavenly Japanese Curry.  Having tasted their mouth-watering menu several times, I never regret to go back to taste the goodness of Japanese curry. Several weeks ago, I landed in their new house at Restaurant Row, 3rd floor, Pondok Indah Mall. The house is smaller than the other house in Grand Indonesia, but still carrying homey kitchen concept.


Enough for the opening, since I couldn’t keep my tummy beating while seeing the dummy of their food hahaha....My night was opened by appetizers and drinks that I couldn’t resist. 

I used to taste this Koro-koro Tofu in my first food tasting visit, but still I thought this tofu should be more crunchy. Mr. Curry might be consider to fry it twice and add a little salt to make it tastier.

  
Who can resist this fresh Salmon Carpaccio. It’s much better than the one I’ve tasted in first food tasting. Both salmon and salad are more fresh. Perfect!


The appetizer aren’t complete before sip a glass of their smoothie or lassie. I chose Strawberry Lassie and Strawberry Smoothie just to make a little comparison and I got my tummy chose the Strawberry Lassie since it’s the strawberry juice mixed with yoghurt and milk. It’s better than the original strawberry juice of Strawberry Smoothie.



As the main course arrived in my table, I spoiled my tummy first with the Hokkai Curry Ramen. I curious about how ramen made by curry. However, I didn’t taste the curry in its soup. Still like typical original Japanese ramen. 


Chicken Katsu Curry Rice never disappointing my tummy. I always love Mr. Curry original curry sauce. Savory. Tasty. Enough to say. Delicioso!


Assorted Mushroom Omurice also made my night. I thought Mr. Curry might be proud of their innovation to make such combination of rice covered by omelete and heavenly sauce. However, for this menu, I was a lil bit enough with the demi-glaze sauce. I thought it’s too much to combine cream and milky sauce with such tomato demi-glaze sauce in one sip. Enough for my tummy.


Again, I didn’t taste a typical Mango curry in Minced Beef Spaghetti Curry. The curry sauce was insipid.  Me also smell a bad scent  of the beef. Hmmm...consider the well-done cook of the beef, Mr. Curry.


My night closed perfectly by the dancing of the desserts in my tummy. The so-ohh-heavenly Dorayaki Tower remind me of Hanito in Mr. Curry sister, Pasta De Waraku. Macha Karamba and A Dash of Fruit Splash, a combination of hanito (honey toast) and pancake with vanilla and green tea ice cream as well as fruit topping, became a best spoiler for my tummy. Aaahh, how I wish the green tea ice cream can always stick in my mouth hahaha....



Anyway, thanks for Mila and Mbak Grace for inviting me to Mr. Curry. Never regret to always have dining here. Of course I will be back for any kind of dessert with your handmade matcha ice cream.

Mr. Curry

Pondok Indah Mall 2
Restaurant Row 3rd Floor
Jl. Metro Pondok Indah
Blok 3B
South Jakarta

1 comment

  1. i'm not a big fan of curry, but this review actually makes me want to visit mr. curry haha! that salmon carpaccio pic makes my mouth water lol

    ReplyDelete