LANTERN RESTAURANT, PETITENGET, BALI

I visited Lantern based on recommendation of my friends who lives in Bali. She said if you want to look for good and affordable Vietnamese/Asian Cuisine around Seminyak, Lantern might be a good choice. So, I visited this resto for late lunch since my hubby and I too lazy to went out from our hotel hehehe...

Lantern is a small restaurant at Petitenget area. You can easily find them at the crowd of Petitenget street next to Nostimo Greek Grill Resto. The restaurant was beautifully designed like a street food cafe in Vietnam completed with the domination of oriental ornaments and colors. I thought Lantern try to make the visitors experience their love of South East Asia's cuisine. Here, we can find selections of South East Asia and Peranakan cuisine, from Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnamese, Thailand to Indonesia. I opted their Vietnamese & Peranakan food based on my friend's recommendation.



Vietnamese Spring Roll - 45K

this spring roll was the best spring roll I've ever had in my life! Seriously, aside from their super thin, chewy and fresh rice paper rolls, what's wrapped inside was super fresh and crunchy. In one bite, you can taste a fresh chicken, prawn, carrot, lettuce and cucumber with a cool "crack" sensation that oh God, I even hard to describe...and their nouc champ dipping was sooo tasty. Fresh, tangy, sweet, sour in one dip and all just like heaven in my mouth! A super MUST TRY! 


Hainan Chicken Rice - 75K

In their menu written that this is a limited daily supply, but thanks God that day I could try their Hainan Chicken Rice. You might get hundreds of this rice in Jakarta, but only some crafting the good ones. Lucky me, Lantern serves a very very tasty Hainan Chicke Rice. The rice was not only fragrant but also super moist with its 3 hours sous-vide method (a method of cooking in which food is vacuum-sealed in a plastic pouch and then placed in a water bath or steam environment for longer than normal cooking times (usually 1 to 7 hours, up to 48 or more in some cases) The chicken, meanwhile, was very well-cooked and the smell of the ginger was soooo lifting up my taste bud. It's hard to explain, this might be a comfort food, but the rice was so addictive! A super must try as well. 


As for the drinks, I have no recommendation, but their Thai Iced Tea was quite nice and the Strawberry juice was simply refreshing. 

Strawberry Juice - 35K


Thai Iced Tea - 45K


Prepare cash around IDR40,000 to 150,000 for food and IDR25,000 to 45,000 for beverages which for more was still affordable for Bali's market. The service was fast and kind. No complaint at all. I got a very good lunch experience here. Lantern simply gave me a comfort food and ambiance which I wanted it again and again. I wish you also enjoy your time here. Mind if you share the story in the comment once you visited this resto.

Lantern 
Jalan Raya Petitenget 17E 
Kerobokan, Bali
Ph. +62 361 733192
IG: @lanternbali

No comments