INGKA RESTAURANT, KEROBOKAN, BALI


My trip to Bali in last early August was my best culinary trip ever. I spent most of my time to visit the cafe/coffee shop/restaurants that I’ve never visited before and it resulted of 13 places I visited in 4 days hahaha...Of course several of them will be in my blog post list and the rest maybe I’ll just put it as a short review on my Instagram...zzzz now I need to spare my time to write all that stories to you...hope you’ll wait my post one by one ;-)

So many places in Bali I missed last year, but this year many new places come up. So, to shorten up my list, I decided to visit the recommended one rather than visit a new one but have no good recommendations at all. Well, when people ask me “resto apa yang enak di Bali cha?” I better give them a place which most of the people talked or visited as well right, rather than give them a new place which people never talked before or even have no reviews at all. It’s Bali, I think people do not need to visit a new restaurant, but to visit a place which other people said “kalau ke Bali, lo kudu banget makan disini”. Sounds right for me sih, how about you?


I googled some of that places from some Bali Foodies’s instagrammer and some of my fellow Jakarta’s foodies. One of them I found very interesting was this one, INGKA. A sister restaurant of NOOK in Umalas which tend to serve a healthy Bali food. 

Located at Kerobokan area, Ingka stands a bit far from the crowd of Seminyak, but that’s made it different I thought. The restaurant was easy to find, when you’re in Jalan Mertanadi just look for a Food Folk Cafe and Warehouse Wholesaler shop, INGKA is in between them. As I stepped into this restaurant, I felt like visiting a friend’s house which love something vintage, eclectic, artsy and earthy. I could see from the furniture, lamps, frames and ornaments which in vintage and eclectic style. Dominated in warm and bold color domination like brown, black, and grey. The area was divided in two, main area inside and backyard area. In the main area, there area a dining and bar area, while the backyard, I could find how the owner love the earthy style by presenting a green and cozy backyard completed with a green garden (I heard in the opening until 2016, it used to be a small rice field, don’t know why they turned it to a small garden). 


I decided to sit at the backyard since the ambiance was so serene and feels like home. INGKA offers range of food from Western, Italian to Indonesian and most of them in a healthy-food style, especially their breakfast. That’s what makes them so famous since the opening back then on 2015.
I was suggested to take their healthy burger and pasta. Well here they are:

Grilled Chicken Burger – 65K

So surprised of the presentation. I thought this was my very first healthy and generous-filing burger I’ve ever tried! Look at that size and those greens! Geeez, I was sooo like being a healthy-junkie in an hour hahaha...I admitted that this burger was ROCKS! 


Starting from the very moist and crunchy buns, even the bottom bun was so crunchy and fragrant; the veggies which I didn’t know the name but it’s so good; the juicy chicken patty with rosemary aroma (anyway, I actually didn’t know where the rosemary aroma came from, but the overal burger smells like rosemary and twas so lifting up my taste bud); the sunny side up; the sweet and sour sauce which for me more like a light BBQ sauce; and last but not least the mozzarella and cheddar cheese. I have no complain to this menu. Everything just suit my palate. Ya ampun pokoknya ini ENAK BGT! 


Smoked Salmon Fettuccine – 70K

My hubby’s choice and turned into something that he loves. The pasta was cooked al dente with creamy sauce and smoked salmon. Because it’s so creamy, this pasta was perfect for someone who loves something bold and creamy like me and my hubby. The verdict was only the portion, it’s even smaller than the kid’s portion of my kid had hahaha....


Broccoli Fettuccine – 65K

This was a kid’s meal and the portion was so big hahaha...overall the pasta was good. Well-cooked with creamy sauce and generous broccoli. My kid loves this so much. 


Healthy Green
I forgot what’s the name of this drinks, but as far as I remember, this healthy smoothies was a mixed of kale, pinneaple, orange and etc. The texture was so thick and the taste was quite tangy but refreshing.


Infused Water
Smart choice if you want no other kind of drinks hehehe...


Iced Cappuccino
Hubby’s order and the taste was similar with most of the Iced Cappuccino in the market. Nothing special. 


Overall, I personally had a great lunch here. From the portion and price, I could summarize that INGKA was still reasonable. The service was also fast and good, but maybe INGKA should train their waiter more familiar with the menu. I found some of them did not even know what the menu is all about. Aside from that, looking at the natural and earthy ambiance which similar to its sister resto, Nook, if you feel drive to Nook is so far, eating inside INGKA might give a quite similar experience. I’ll be back for sure for their rockin burger!

INGKA
Jl. Mertanadi No. 80
Kerobokan, Kuta Utara
Bali
Phone: +361 735219
IG: @ingkabali

Opening hours:  08.00 AM – 23.00 PM
Price Range: IDR20,000 - 100,000

No comments