[HOTEL REVIEW] Mandarin Oriental Jakarta, Premier King Room


It’s been a long time since my little family and I having a staycation together. So, last month in celebrating my son’s 2nd birthday, I decided to have a one night stay at Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Jakarta. I have no idea where to go on his birthday but he always said this when we asked him “Arga mau kemana ulang tahun nanti (where you wanna go on your birthday)?” He said “ke hotel bandara (to a hotel and airport)!” hahahaha….I didn’t know why he remind about hotel and airport only. His first flight was only to Bali back one year ago in his one year old age hahaha, but maybe he missed something about hotel and airport. Well, since we didn’t have any plan to go outside the city due to a high season in Dec-Jan. So, staying in Jakarta was much better and saver hehehe…


I thought everyone must be aware about this five star hotel, located right in the middle of hustle bustle district center of Jakarta, Thamrin. Mandarin Oriental Hotel build a long time ago and now they claim as one of the heritage hotel in the city similar with the legendary Hotel Indonesia in front of them. My first impression about this hotel fell years ago when I visited this hotel for several food blogger’s gathering and recently I feel very close and familiar with this hotel since I’m in charge in my office’s event which take place here. One thing I’ve never experienced, of course, staying at their room hahaha! So, on the early January we finally stayed here yeaaay!


I was glad that Mandarin Oriental gave me an impeccable and unbelievable services. We booked a Deluxe Room but suddenly they offered me a free upgrade to Premier Room whoooaa whoooaa that’s definitely couldn’t be rejected! I even didn’t have a time to ask “how come?” Who’s care! Hahaha, but maybe this is one of their holiday or New Year’s promotion I thought. I might not share too much stories about this hotel since I believe everybody know about this hotel. I will share more about their room since I believe “a good sleep starts from a good bedroom” ;-)

Here’s a glance about their lobby and its surrounding. Psssst, when we checked-in, there’s a bellboy brought a tray full of chocolates and candies and offered them to my son. Ooooww that’s a cute moment I’ve never seen in any 5 stars hotel before. Well, very good impressions, MOJKT! 


Shortly, Mandarin Oriental Jakarta or MOJKT, have several rooms starting from Deluxe Room, Premier Room, Superior, Deluxe and Premier Club Room (with Club benefits access), Oriental Suite and Mandarin Suite. The size off the rooms was vary from the smallest 47sqm to the biggest 200sqm for the Mandarin Suite. Our Premier Room was located in 12th Floor with Jalan Thamrin-Sudirman’s city view (right in front of, BCA Tower) and it was the first huuuuuge room I’ve ever stayed. It's even bigger than my apartment hahaha! 

The living room

The Premier Room’s size was 64sqm with elegant sliding door divide the bedroom from the living room gave every guest a choice of either spacious open plan layout or two private rooms. The living room equipped with large working desk, large drawers with various in-room snacks and beverages and oh an Oriental teapot and tea cups was also available, large sofa with LCD TV registered up to six devices (I could plugged in my laptop with their provided cable and watched my saved movie in the LCD TV) and don’t be surprise that their bathroom was also spacious with a walk-in wardrobe and a twin vanity unit, stand-alone bathtub and a tropical rain shower. Well well, didn’t want to tell you a long story. Let’s have a room photos tour!

The bedroom


The huge bathroom and vanity set

See, how huge the room, right! And how their décor the room with warm ambiance, chic style with contemporary feel of dark teak paneling and marble wall in the bathroom area made me sooo in love like I wanna sleep everyday here hahaha…The king sized bed itself was also swathed in 480 thread count linens, no wonder the bed was so comfort and my kid loved to jump over and over from the sofa to the bed hahaha!


Ah, talking about the services. There’s a small thing which maybe people not too aware about this, but their complimentary in-room water was refillable. I mean they changed the bottle without being asked. I left the hotel for dinner with all empty water bottle and when I’m back, the water bottle in my room was there again, full and new as it is. For a shopaholic or anyone who want take a visit Plaza Indonesia or Grand Indonesia which is right across the hotel, MOJKT also provide a free shuttle service in return with Silver Bird Taxi from the hotel to GI or PI from 8AM to 9PM only. It’s great offers for me so that we don’t have to walk to get our dinner in GI that night hehehe…

Well, that’s the room. Let’s take a look what others they have in house.

Swimming pool and poolside bar. Not too big but enough to refresh my body from the hustle bustle of the city. They also have an award-winning spa and fitness center (sorry I forgot to take picture of them)


All day dining restaurant, Cinnamon, and The Mandarin Cake Shop. I love to strolling around this restaurant since they have a good and wide selection of food and scrumptious desserts! They also have two restaurants, Lyon, for French dining experience and Li Feng, for Cantonese dining experience. Never visited these two before, someday I will.

The Mandarin Cake Shop


Cinnamon Restaurant


Well, in general, the services of MOJKT was impeccable. Everything I want from a five-star hotel services was well-served here. Nothing to complaint. I just feel satisfy with everything I had here. So, log-on to their website www.mandarinoreintal.com/jakarta for more info about this hotel. I believe your stay will as satisfy as mine.

Thank you MOJKT for hosting me. Looking forward to stay again in another occasion.


See you on the next hotel review, guys! 


Mandarin Oriental Hotel Jakarta
Jl. M.H Thamrin 
Jakarta 10310
Telp. +62 21 2993
IG: @mo_jakarta
www.mandarinoriental.com/jakarta

No comments