[HOTEL REVIEW] Mercure Bali Nusa Dua


Thanks God finally I have a time to spend my time with my little family in the middle of working rush hour. I have no such a big plan to arrange this holiday, but seeing my baby starting to love playing with water and sand, my hubby and I decided to go to the beach. We chose Bali as the destination since we both miss that God’s Island a lot! Been there about 2 years ago before our marriage and now we thought it’s time to have a great escape with a new little member of our family. Since we know that Bali nowadays become more and more crowded both with new hotel or restaurant joiners, we decided not to go to area close to public attractions such as Kuta or Legian, so we move to Nusa Dua area which you know that area is quite exclusive surrounded by several luxurious and five star hotels or villas and one thing I love about Nusa Dua regardless the distance of which from the Bali’s crowd, is beaches around Nusa Dua are more pristine, quiet and PRIVATE! (most of the hotels in Nusa Dua have a private beach) and of course it is very convenient to bring along the baby with.


Basically, my hubby and I are budget travelers ummm I prefer to be called as ‘backpackers’. However, since we have a baby, we should upgrade our standard but still on our budget hahaha…So, we tried to look for a great hotel but still fit in our budget. Thanks God months ago I got a super great rate from Mercure Bali Nusa Dua. This hotel located at Nusa Dua, about 100 m after Hotel Santika Siligita. It took me around 1 hour from the Airport through the iconic-above-the-sea “Mandara” toll road. As you may know, Mercure is one of great establishment of 4 stars hotels under the amazing Accors Hotel Family, the family who brought us the famous Fairmont, Sofitel, Pullman until the all-time favorite budget hotel, Ibis Hotel. I always love how they manage the family members into something that people couldn't easily forget. They even focus on how to make customers experience a five-star ambiance even in a budget hotel. 

I never thought before that Mercure Nusa Dua Bali is 4 stars as the hotel area was actually bigger than I thought it would be. From the main gate into the hotel lobby may take you around 3 minutes walking because they have a large and beautiful park area. I love seeing their green concept, at least it was pamper my eye in the humid and hot Bali's weather at that time. Reaching the lobby, I was welcomed with more colorful atmosphere. The lobby area was designed super eye-catchy with blue sofa and colorful cushions! geez I wanna take it one home! Next to the lobby there's a mini bar serving simple welcome drinks and snacks for every guest.



After checked in, since I chose deluxe room with pool view, I should go down one floor since actually the lobby is on first floor and my room was on ground floor next to their all day dining restaurant, Soka Restaurant and surprisingly, the view from our room was super gorgeous, right in the front of the swimming pool, yeaay! The first thing I did once we stepped at the room was chasing my little baby who directly runaway when seeing the swimming pool right outside the door hahaha…You can see how happy he was to find swimming pool in below video:



I was so happy to have this deluxe pool view room not only because it’s facing the beautiful swimming pool (more details after this) but also for the 4 stars standard, the deluxe room was quite spacious. Okay now let’s move with the photo tour of the room. The room was quite big with queen size bed, two-separate toilet (one for showering, the other for the closet), 32 inch LED TV, working desk, sofa and big wardrobe.

Overall ambiance dominated with white color and some touch of fuchsia in their sofa and Balinese dancer’s painting on the top of the bed’s headboard.                                                                  



Now the most important thing when I stay in any Bali’s hotels is SWIMMING POOL! Yeah trust me, even when you can’t have a time to visit the beach, swimming pool will help you settle with the humid and hot Bali’s weather. Mercure’s swimming pool was more than UH-MAZING for me. It’s not too big but how they manage to separate the two pools was beyond amazing for me. The first one is kid area which right under the adult area. To reach the adult area, we have to go through several stairs, like about four floors from the ground. The adult area, meanwhile, is quite enough and right facing the sunlight. Perfect for everyone who wants to do sunbathing! I feel sooo homey lazing at the gazebo and swimming here. Too bad, I only spent two nights here huhuhu…


I stroll the hotel and see what more do they have in store. They have spacious gym area located right in the middle of the beautiful park. Next to the gym, there are several gazebo to lazing your day, but unfortunately when I visited the gazebo, they’re all covered by a cover sheet. I didn’t have any idea why, but I thought the staffs tried to cover it from the heavy rain last night. Here’s how cozy the gazebo presentation. 


The only restaurant they have is Soka Restaurant. This is an all-day dining restaurant with various choices of food in the buffet.

The other hidden gem of this hotel is their private beach. I didn’t realize before until I saw an information board next to the receptionist hahaha…Their private beach actually located inside Bali Tourism Development Centre (Kawasan Pariwisata Nusa Dua) where most of luxurious hotels & resorts such as Courtyard, St. Regis, Grand Hyatt, etc., resided. To reach the beach, we should take a hotel shuttle, available every 30 minutes for return trip. Mercure’s private beach is next to Melia’s. It was actually quite nice place with several long beach chairs and mini bar and the beach was very quiet! Gosh, I was so happy to see this, compare to Pantai Pandawa I visited before which was fully loaded with people.


Overall, I love to spend my nights in Mercure Nusa Dua Bali. The only complaint might be the room temperature which was at that time the AC couldn’t be turned off so every time we went back to the room, the floor was quite wet and slippery. However, I didn’t care too much about this since we used the room only at night hahaha. With the amazing swimming pool and happy face of my baby playing around, I honestly think spending around IDR800,000 per nights was super worth it. Thank you Mercure Nusa Dua Bali for the hospitality.

Mercure Bali Nusa Dua
Jl. Nusa Dua Selatan
Blok SW 03,
Nusa Dua, Bali
Reservation: +361 8467000
www.mercure.com


No comments