[NEW MENU] Fook Yew Newest Creations on Ramadan Month

Good news for Shanghai-Chinese food lovers or anyone who love to dine at the famous Shanghai bistro in town, Fook Yew, this month they’re launching an exciting new menu! Their Executive Chef, Shifu A Hoong has crafted a twist of Shanghainese and local cuisine to make it enjoyable for all Fook Yew’s customers. Lucky me, I have a chance to try them first yuhuuuu….so these are the new comers you shouldn’t miss!

Appetizer

Steamed Scallop Shaolin Dumpling

A beautiful and well-steamed dumpling filled with generous scallop. I simply love this opening!



Main Course

Steamed Scallop with Beancurd in Douchi Sauce

Noodle lover should try this menu. A thin mee hoon (rice vermicelli) covered with Douchi sauce and served with beancurd and scallop. The interesting thing was the beancurd was covered with squash’ skin.


Master Hoong’s Deep Fried Chicken Wings

I always love the invention made the Fook Yew’s Chef. This menu was unexpectedly unbelievable. I thought it’s just a chicken wings, nothing special, but when I bite it I tasted something gooey yet very tasty. Yes, the Chef inserted a tasty fish cake inside. Oh God, this one was so sooo good even as a light snack!


Stir Fried Prawn with Gong Bau Sauce, served with “a Mantou-bowl”

From all of the new menu I tried, I could say this one was THE BOMB! The prawn was perfectly cooked with tasty Gong Bau Sauce, an oriental sauce made from mix of ginger, lemon, etc. The taste of ginger might be overpowering the whole flavor but I personally love it, it turned out so so good for me. Escalating my tastebuds. Other bombs was the Mantou-bowl. It was super crunchy yet moist Mantou (Chinese steamed bun) I’ve ever tried. The taste was also sweet enough and best for munching. Geez, I even finish it off alone hahaha!


Jinhua Spicy Fish Hot Plate

This one is a fried white snapper served in a hot plate. I found this fish quite spicy but still okay for my liking.


Rice

Several rice creations was also crafted uniquely by Chef A Hoong. One of them become my current favorite.

Xiao Gan Olive Fried Rice

I had a crush on this olive fried rice. Never thought before that something ‘oily’ could be this good. Though it contains olive oil, the texture wasn’t oily at all. It even moisturizes the rice. I could taste a tasty and moist rice with generous vegetables and crunchy enoki mushroom. Supeer love this one!


Crispy Sichuan Wheat Fried Rice

This one is also unique. A combination between white rice and wheat. I thought it’ll gonna weird consuming rice and wheat in the same time, but actually it turned so good to me, I feel like consuming my daily cereal. Thanks to the Chef that made the wheat and rice taste sweet so it’s giving a new sensations to this menu. You should try this!


Yin Yang Spicy Fried Rice

You will find that the philosophy of Yin & Yang is also applicable for food. Try this fried rice and you will find a balance between white and crispy rice served with delicious shrimp and spicy sauce. Perfect for spicy lover.


Desserts

This month, Fook Yew also launches their Shanghai Ice, a shaved ice served with fruit and various sweet toppings. I love all of this new creations since the shaved ice was made very fluffy along with the fruit so I feel like eating a shredded-frozen fruit. Super refreshing. And oh, the best part is, they’re served in a noodle box, so don’t worry to take it way and eat it along your way home. So here’s Four of Seven Shifu’s newest Shanghai Ice creations.

Shanghai Melon Dalian Ice. Shaved ice with honeydew served with strawberry, kiwi, mango jelly and strawberry sauce.
 

Shanghai Mango Wuxi Ice. Shaved ice and mango served with longan, kiwi, strawberry, mango jelly and dragon’s beard candy.


Shanghai Avocado Milo Fujian Ice. Shaved ice and avocado served with sesame mocha, roasted almond, milo and chocolate stick.


Shanghai Qingdao Black Sesame Ice. Shifu’s homemade blacksesame paste, marshmallow, longan, grass jelly and crunchy wafer stick.


Well, no complaint to all of those new menu. Everything was so enjoyable. Pssst, special for this Ramadan month, you can get 50% off on second purchase of Shaolin Power Dish (it is including the new menu such asStir Fried Prawn with Gong Bau Sauce&Steamed Scallop with Beancurd in Douchi Sauce) and get FREE any flavour of Shanghai Ice with minimum purchase of IDR350,000 every day from 6PM til closing (6 June – 5 July 2016). Wow, isn’t it perfect for your break fasting time!

Fook Yew Shanghai Bistro & Bubbl Tea Lab

Mall Kelapa Gading 5
Ground Floor
Jl. Boulevard Raya, Kelapa Gading
Jakarta Utara

IG: @FOOK_YEW

Other outlets:
Gandaria City, Main Street Ground Floor
Grand Indonesia, West Mall, Level 3A

No comments