[NEW MENU] Pasta House AW Kitchen by Akira Watanabe, Plaza Senayan


As a food blogger, I keep watching the growth of new restaurants joint in Jakarta. Some of them bring something big, and some bring just a name. I appreciate more the restaurant which from its opening not only bring something new and big but also a name and brand with memorable impression inside to keep myself coming back under those new restaurant's invasion. Sadly, there's only a few of them with those achievements on my list, one of them is Pasta house AW Kitchen by Akira Watanabe (AW Kitchen). This baby has growing bigger and stable since I heard their name coming to town around 2014 brought by Jaddi Foods Group. FYI, in case you still don’t know about this baby, AW Kitchen is owned by famous celebrity chef in Tokyo, Japan, Akira Watanabe. Their first outlet was opened in Nakameguro and now spreading 9 outlets around Japan. The outlet in Jakarta is their first outlet opened outside the Cherry blossom’s land.


Naming as Pasta House, AW Kitchen is not entirely offering pasta; their concept is offering authentic Italian cuisine with Japanese ingredients. Sounds interesting, right? The menu is ranging from cold and hot appetizer, cold and hot pasta, pizza, main dish with selections of fish and meat and dessert. That’s why, although I missed their launching that day, I keep coming by myself to this unique restaurant. I found their concept was too interesting too be missed out as well as their restaurant ambiance. Designed with Italian modern style, AW Kitchen divided into two areas, smoking (front area) and non-smoking (back area and private room) with classic yet chic and colorful table chosen to beautify the room. Completed by hanging and unique rattan lamps illuminating the restaurant with dim light, this restaurant became a casual place to have lunch in the day and a very romantic place to have dinner or dating in the night. I’m sooo in love with their ambiance.


Well, nufsaid about the prologue of this baby, now I’m gonna share you what makes me keep coming back to this restaurant? Absolutely their FOOD! Ever since I attended their anniversary on August 2015 back then, I impressed with their service and food. Everything here was the same until my next and third visit. Still polite and humble service, everything’s home-made and fast and of course the food, oh God, none of them was disappointing me. So, here’s my recommendation for you to try if you happened to visit AW Kitchen. Pssst…some of them are new menu which has recently launched on this October!

APPETIZER

Yellow-tail Carpaccio with Yuzu Pepper Dressing - New

This cold appetizer is one of the new menu of this October 2015. You know why I love AWK so much? This cold appetizer is the answer. I rarely found restaurant serving a plate of cold appetizer except fresh salad and when AWK serving this it’s like a plate of full refreshment for me. Look at this beautiful appetizer. Fresh yellow-tail fish paired with salmon roe, flying fish roe, fresh vegetables and light Yuzu pepper dressing. I simply can't get enough this one!
  

   
Dory Fish Beccafico - New

Categorized as hot appetizer, though I rarely found a dory fish consumed as appetizer, this new menu was also stealing my appetite. Well-fried and crunchy dory fish with tender meat inside completed by refreshing sprinkles of onion and raisin which give me a hint of sweet after a quite salty dory. A unique combination in a plate!


PASTA & RISOTTO

Risotto in Ikasumi Sauce – 88K

I was skeptical with something with squid ink not only it turned to be not impressive in presentation but also the fishy smell was sometimes ewww you know what I mean, right. But Akira Watanabe brilliantly crafted this Risotto into something creamy without fishy smells and addictive! Never thought that Risotto could be that freakin good with squid ink. Completed with fresh slices of squid, tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese on top this baby is A SUPER MUST TRY!


Maltagliati with Chicken Tomato Sauce - New

If you're an Italian food lover this pasta will bring the authentic tomato flavor to your taste. Shaped home-made by the Chef, this Maltagliati ( a pasta made from scrap pieces of pasta, comes in different shape) was well-cooked with rich tomato sauce and juicy and tender chicken. A perfect pasta for you who seek for something more 'bold' for lunch or dinner.

  
Trofie Arrabiata - New

And if you need something light but addictive, you SHOULD try this pasta! Frankly speaking this pasta was THE BOMB! Comes in short and thin-rolled shape with eggplant, fresh cherry tomato and beef bacon, this pasta appeared chewy but a very fun to munch. The arrabiata sauce, moreover, delivered lighter flavor of tomato sauce which immediately give me a room to munch more! (FYI, I'm a creamy pasta lover, sometimes I avoid pasta with tomato sauce, but this one is EXCEPTIONAL hahaha). Suppa duppa love this Trofie!!!

   
Beef Agnolotti with Butter Cheese Sauce - New

When it's being cooked, I could smell the aroma of the butter and cheese from this pasta. Unfortunately, it's not as creamy as I wanted to be maybe because the butter sauce is more dominant than the cream. But overall, this pasta was decent. I love the filing, juicy beef with shot of savory from the ricotta cheese.

  
MAIN DISH - BEEF & FISH

Garlic Herb Lamb Back – 198K

This one is my hubby’s favorite. A good portion of roasted lamb back with potato gratin and mixed grilled vegetables. I also simply love this one the perfect combination of juicy and tender meat with Porcini sauce with shot of sweet and sour in time. 

  
Black Angus Tenderloin Beef - 248K

This Black Angus Tenderloin Beef was served with potato gratin, fresh vegetables and two types of sauce Porcini (mushroom) and Wasabi sauce. Among the two, Wasabi sauce turned out to be my favorites. I didn't expect that the strong flavor of wasabi will turn to be something good in this tender beef. It's not as hot and spicy as I thought before. Just refreshing and perfect for the beef!
  

Sauteed Salmon with Spicy Salsa Sauce - 198K

As a salmon lover, this pan-fried salmon was pretty divine. Complete with the refreshing salsa sauce, I simply in love with this baby!

  
Overall, I really enjoy my time here. Until my third visit during this year, I always satisfy with their service and food. The staff from the front-liner to the back was treat me well. I even didn't matter with their upscale price since everything I got here was worth to pay for. If I asked you whether it's a real worth to try, I suggest you to try. Since this is my personal opinion, only you can decide whether this restaurant will be the winner among the business. For me, they've already win, at least in my heart #cieeeh. Well, thank you for always treating my tummy well AW Kitchen. Wish you a best luck in the future!

PASTAHOUSE AW Kitchen by Akira Watanabe
Plaza Senayan 4th Floor
Jl. Asia Afrika, Jakarta Selatan
IG: @awkitchenjkt

Operating hours : 10.00 - 22.00
Price Range : IDR50,000 to IDR400,000
Alcoholic Drink & Wine : Yes
Wi-Fi : Yes
Smoking & Non-Smoking Area : Yes
Reservation : Yes

No comments