Texas Roadhouse, The Dubai Mall

*picture courtesy of zomato.com

I'm a big fans of steak, but hey anyone in this world doesn't like steak? I don't think so, unless they're have beef allergenic hahaha...Thus, when I saw on my Alshaya Food Tour itinerary I'm going to Texas Roadhouse, I definitely happy. I heard about this brand from some of my friends who live in U.S and by googling it a day before I arrived to Dubai. I happened to realize that this brand is actually a legend in U.S. They've already settled down for about 20 years, geeesss whatta great achievement story I've ever heard about a steakhouse. They're renowned for their handcrafting services from the Hand-Cut-Steaks, Made-from-Scratch-Dishes, Fall-Of-The-Bone-Ribs and Fresh-Baked Bread. I'm seriously waiting for the day to come and finally I visited them tonight!

                                                                           The highest man-made waterfall

They have several branches in Dubai, and the one I visited was located at the gigantic Dubai Mall. FYI, This mall is really huuuugeee, even bigger than Grand Indonesia & Mal Kelapa Gading. Gosh, If I lost several times in Mall of The Emirates earlier, here I thought I will also lost my translation hahaha. The mall is actually magnificent. They have several world's-famous-tourist-attraction like The Giant Man-Made Waterfall and The Biggest Aquarium. They also have the renowned Dubai Fountain but unfortunately due to the limited time, I missed it out. 

The biggest aquarium in the world

But it's okay, I still can catch the steak after long-walk in the mall hahaha. Stepped into the Texas Road House that night, I immediately realize that they're true famous from the waiting list outside. Many people keep coming to see whether they've already get their seat. Many servers was also ready to greet them in front of the house. I found their restaurant isn't wide enough, quite packed with the customers and servers. I still keep thinking why they have so many servers walking and chatting around without doing anything. I never flown to Texas before, but I could easily feel the ambiance of a real Texas. The interior with some pictures of Texas, the typical table setting, the country music, the bulls and cowboy attributes and the friendliness of the staff were all like I’m in Texas. 


The selections of the menu was quite huge from appetizer, main course to dessert if I can compared, this looks similar with selections of menu in our Outback Steakhouse or Abuba Steak. The unique things is their beef is are all imported from U.S and hand-cut every day and I’m gonna screaming since the portion was soooo huge (I guess it earlier since they have an open kitchen which show how big the hand-cut beef for every menu). After being seated, the servers friendly asking and explaining us about the menu. I love how they looks well-educated to persuade us to try something. Of their hundreds selections, I picked some of my favorites one for you guys. So here’s the menu you won’t miss when someday they’re coming to Indonesia.


Anyway, before starting I just wanna give some good news about TRH uniqueness. They have great compliments while we're waiting the food to come. A big basket of peanuts and the 'it' fresh-baked bread. The fresh-baked bread was so fluffy and savory. Eat it while hot, you're gonna love them much. Other best part is, I found they have not only bog portion of beef but also the sides! What they called Made-From-Scratch-Sides are served in big portion. You will have several choices of sides like baked potato, mashed potatoes, steak fries, seasoned rice, house salad, caesar salad, fresh vegetables, buttered corn, honey glazed carrots, coleslaw and cup of soup. Aaaan of those choices, you'll get two sides every time you ordered a beef, chicken or fish menu! God, this must be a good selling point when they're coming to Indonesia. None of the steak restaurant here has those kind of very big deal combo. 
.

Fried Pickles - AED19

Never thought that fried pickles will be something fun to munch. Crunchy outside but I still find the fresh and crunchy real pickels inside. The bleu cheese dressing was also good, light and not too sour for me personally. Simply great starters.


Smoked Buffalo Wings - AED39

I'm not a spicy kind of person, but tried to order it spicy just to ensure whether it went as spicy as Indonesia's had spiciness in some of their food. Fortunately, this lightly smoked chicken wings was glazed with a true hot and spicy sauce. Hot til it's like exploding in my mouth hahaha! Well, American people must be have a well-spicy-palate too hihihi...The bleu cheese dressing was also good, light and not too sour for me personally. 


Cherry Limeade - AED19

A very big portion of drinks for me personally. Surpringly, it's also great as refreshment. A balance amount of soda with lime and cheery shots. Not too sour with a sweet after taste. 


Steakhouse Salad - AED69

Positive! Texas people was that hungry hahhaa even the portion of this appetizer was sooo huge! I thought it’s best for sharing. Fillet medallions, bleu chicken crumbles, diced tomato, beef bacon, red onions and made-from-scratch croutons serve with Italian dressing. Unfortunately, I didn’t like the dressing. It’s a way too sour for me.

New York Strip - AED120

370g of beef served with shrimp side kick. Unfortunately the medium beef was not as juicy as I thought before. It's a lil bit dry inside and hard to cut. The shrimps was fresh but a lil bit salty. Unfortunately, their side dish of fresh vegetable was didn’t fresh at all. The broccoli even was overcooked, so did the carrots.


Dallas Fillet - AED99

This was my first winner for my second round course! They used most tender beef which indeed very tender ever! Every part of it was just well-seasoned and grilled to perfection. I sometimes had difficulties in enjoying medium beef whether it's too hard to cut or just going medium well, but this Dallas Fillet was simply cooked perfectly and very easy to cut. The side dish, baked potato with cheese, was also good. Soft and so cheesy. Favorites. PERIOD! Anyway, you can choose the fillet from 170g (AED99), 225g (AED129) or 340g (AED169).


Ribeye Steak Combo - AED129

This big combo actually served with two choices of either beef rib or grilled shrimps (AED119). I chose to have all best winning beef in plate. Frankly speaking everything in my plate was DA BOMB! The medium beef rib was beyond juicy and tender. I didn't had difficulties in cutting the beef like I did for the New York Strip. It is also very well-seasoned with light of grilled smells, I guaranteed this one could standalone without pouring the sauce into. 


And the Ribeye was beyond excellent also. It was soo juicy and tender and very well-seasoned. The BBQ sauce was very flavorful even until inside the beef. I could easily cut this well-done rib eye and enjoyed it with the tasty grilled mushroom. Btw, for your info, ribeye here even bigger than I had in most of steak restaurants in Indonesia. It's like their smallest portion is the biggest portion here hahaha. The ribeye, anyway, has 3 choices of portion. You can have 285g, 340g or 455g (geees can't imagine how big the 455g of beef hahaha)

Country Fried Chicken - AED54

This was the best breast chicken meat I’ve ever had. Big portion with super crispy skin outside and very moist texture inside. Sometimes breast part is a lil bit dry, but TRH made it sooo tender for me. And oh the made-from-scratch gravy was sooo creamy and balance in sweet. I looove this one! Favorite. Period!



The made-from-scratch sides fro this one was also my favorites, Caesar Salad. The fresh lettuce in a big portion topped with generous cheese and light mayonnaise. For a cheese lover like me, I found their mayonnaise still light even I eat together with the cheese. Not too overpower and everything just became so creamy for me! 


Grilled Salmon - AED69

Thanks to God, I'm not allergic to Salmon and could enjoy this winning salmon was my grateful to God. It's really moist and tender! the lemon pepper sauce even made it taste fresh and light. Oh well, the best part was also their made-from-scratch sides, I chose Honey Glazed Carrot and House Salad. The Honey Glazed Carrot was magnificent! Well-cooked and crunchy carrod with a balance sweet of honey. Geeez, I even can make it standalone for snacking hahaha. Meanwhile, the House Salad was simply refreshing, big portion of green and red lettuce, tomato, cheddar and feta cheese. 


Big Ol' Brownie - AED28

A warm and premium chocolate brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and rich chocolate sauce. I love their moist and warm texture, unfortunately for me personally this combination of chocolate and vanilla turned into something too sweet. And oh, the presentation was also looks 'messy'. They better not to put that sauce like that. A simple drizzled of nuts with simple sauce might be better.


Well, steakhouse supposed to be have something unique to sell. I thought TRH will gonna works in Indonesia since the price is quite similiar in some menu but they might be should lower the price more for the appetizer range. Serving the food for less than 15 minutes is also a good selling point for them. Just ensure, in the beginning TRH has a packed menu don’t be too wide first. And oh, to make their servers keep coming every time to the table was sometimes annoying. In Indonesia, the customer's might not be familiar with that kind of service. Just take some notes for that, I believe TRH will ready to break Indonesia's market. 

 *1 AED = IDR3950 (as per 18 September 2015)

Texas Roadhouse
The Dubai Mall, LG Level (near the waterfall)
Doha Street, Burj Khalifa Complex
Dubai, UAE
Ph. +097 04 419 0266
www.texasroadhouse.com
Opening Hours : 10AM - 12PM

No comments