New Sweet Sensations at Mandarin Oriental Cake Shop

Last Sunday I dropped by at Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Jakarta to attend their launching of New Sweet Sensations at Mandarin Oriental Cake Shop. It was a super sugar-high day but full of temptations to everyone who comes to the launching. Sweets everywhere! This is my second time visiting this restaurant, back then I only enjoyed my complimentary voucher as the third winner from their photo competition. I knew that they have super fabulous desserts variation which I feel regret couldn’t take my time at that time to enjoy the desserts.

This time I feel honoured to be invited again by their team especially to taste their desserts, yay! I even haven’t get a chance yet to try their famous cronuts (huhuhu pity me). Mandarin Oriental Cake Shop located inside Cinnamon Restaurants, it is a small cake shop but seems promise everyone with big temptations. You can see how beautiful and mouth-watering their display is. Okay, enough for the introduction let me show you the fact about the event.

Actually, the Mandarin Oriental Pastry Chef, Chef Wita Girawati recently completed an intensive training at the prestigious LeNotre culinary institutes in Paris. She refine her pastry making skills and uncover the latest pastry trends. No wonder, when she back here, she’s ready to bring the pastry department to new heights with exciting range of innovative éclairs, high-end deserts and handmade chocolates. She also creates several new menu featuring Matcha Goma, Emeraude Cake, Piemonte Hazelnut Cake and Chocombroise.

So, here’s the best part of this post *drumroll…Cake Parade! Ready to droll? Let’s dig in!

Blueberry & Chocolate Cronuts

 Almond Cronuts

 Matcha Goma Cake

 Alliance Apricot Cake



 Caramel and Apple Tart

 Lime Macaroon

Chocombroise

 Piemonte Hazelnut Cake

 Alliance Apricot & Opera Cake

 Eclairs


 Cassava Cake with Cheese



From all of the cake and dessert selection I tried on that day, I got my top 5 favourite. Here they are:

#1 Matcha Goma Cake. Me never say no for something infused with green tea!  This cake not only moist inside but also gives me a hint with its kind of jelly inside. The green tea taste was not too strong but sweet enough.

#2 Caramel and Apple Tart. This is also the best for me. The texture of the pie is crunchy and soft. I found how apple and cinnamon smells awakening my taste bud. It was really appetizing cake!

#3 Blueberry Cronuts. I thought that all kind of cronuts made by MO Jakarta Cake shop is heaven, but this one is more than heaven with the very crunchy croissant dough outside and very moist donut dough inside and the sweet and high blueberry sensation on the top, I will always say YES if anyone offers me this! Delish!

#4 Lime Macaron. Chef Gita is deeply understand that macaroon doesn’t always come in sweet, while not everybody love something too sweet. She perfectly combines the lime cream inside the sweet macaroni to neutralize the whole taste. Simply love it.

#5 Chocombroise. I’m in love with this cake since the chocolate isn’t too sweet but it could cover my whole mouth with chocolate high flavour!


Guests at Mandarin Oriental Cake Shop will be able also to experience a sumptuous Afternoon Tea with IDR230,000++ from 3 to 6 pm where they can choose to have either coffee or tea with a selection of the new cakes and sandwiches.

Thank you so much Mandarin Oriental Cake Shop for inviting me to this event. Will always be back for your cronuts!

Mandarin Oriental Cake Shop
(inside Cinnamon Restaurant, 1st Floor)
Jl. M.H Thamrin
Jakarta Pusat
+62 (21) 2993 8820+62 (21) 2993 8820
www.mandarinoriental.com/jakarta/fine-dining/cake-shop
Twitter/Instagram : @mo_jakarta

Opening hours 08.00AM - 10.30PM
Tea  Service 2.30 - 06.00PM

No comments