Marques De Riscal Wine Tasting

Several weeks ago, I got my second time to do wine tasting. This time a well-established wine lounge, Decanter Wine House and its supplier Dimatique, invited me to taste their new wine products, Marques De Riscal. For your simple fact, Marques De Riscal is one of the oldest Rioja wineries founded in Elciego, Spain in 1858 by Guillermo Hurtado de Amezaga. This wineries has always been an innovating, pioneering cellar and reference in a constantly changing winemaking sector. Today, they have for about 100 wineries in 100 countries to which they export 60% of their output. The grape varieties of the wineries are varying from Tempranillo, Graciano, Mazuelo to Cabernet Sauvignon and all have its typical characteristics.

There are several Marques De Riscal wines enlivened the show with the row of white and red wine. The first row consists of 4 kinds of wine, namely Finca Montica (2010), Limousin (2009), Rueda (2011), Sauvignon Blanc (2011), Finca Montica (2010). The latter brought us 6 stunning red wines, namely Marques de Riscal (1860), Baron de Chirel (2005), Finca Torrea (2007), Gran Reserva (2001), Proximo (2009), and Reserva (2006).

My eyes turned glow seeing those bottle of wines and retain my stomach to not drooling over those alcoholic drinks too much hahaha! I only tasted several of them since I was afraid those wines will turn the same if I drink it too much in the same time haha!



So, here they are the very mild wine from the white row, Rueda (2011). Originated from Verdejo grape this white wine has pale yellow color with a citrus and honeydew melon and hints of grapefruit aroma. I tasted mild citrus, lil bits fruity which give me a refreshing after taste. Somehow, I prefer a sweet taste in white wine, but this Rueda’s taste was close to my preferences. 


From the red row, Reserva (2006), brought me a strong red wine originated from fusion of Tempranillo, Graciano, and Manzuelo grape with dark red ruby colour and strong aroma of cherry, tobacco and cedar. Though this Reserva is very strong among others, it didn’t give me a sourness I usually taste in a red wine, it even gave me a smooth sweet finish. Perfect! 


Proximo (2009), however, gave me a lil bit sour though this is one level below Reserva (2006). The wine originated from Tempranillo, Graciano, and Manzuelo grape with strong plum, toast, and herb aroma.


While, Riscal Roble (2008) gave me very similar aroma and taste with Proximo 2009, but it is smoother than Proximo.


For pairing the wine, Decanter provided us two kind of canapés, one topped with smoked beef, slices of egg, and cheese grater, the others small one topped with slices of omelette, letyuce, and cheese chunks. Those canapes simply completed the wine tasting night. 



Overall, I feel relish to be a part of this night, chilling out with my fellow food bloggers and some new friends while enlightened my knowledge about wine from the wine expert, Mr. Yohan Handoyo. Thank you mas @adriantommo for spreading this invitation to me and thanks to Decanter Wine House for the warmest greeting and of course Dimatique for the very stunning Marques de Riscal. 


Wine Connoisseur,
Icha

No comments